Collagen induced by the Nanokiss device:
When the tiny micro or nano needle punches a precise hole through the dead skin into the upper regions of the living skin tissue (dermis) it causes a fractionally small wound in the Dermis. So small you can only see it with a microscope.
The ability of the skin to heal perfectly after minor damage is due to the presence of stemcells in the dermis and cells in the stratum basale of the epidermis, all of which can generate new tissue when stimulated. With the Nanokiss a fine matrix of precise depth controlled channels are created instantly over the area of the skin being treated resulting in even natural skin renewal.
How Many treatments and how Often can I Nanokiss?
- Treatments in the same area are usually performed in 4 to 6 week intervals if required.
- Only 2-6 treatments are generally necessary when micro-needling is used with recommended home care.
- More treatments may be necessary when treating scars, stretch marks or hyper pigmentation.
Pre Care Instructions:
Check with your doctor before proceeding with procedure if you are using blood thinners such as warfarin. The rule is not to nanokiss any skin that requires medical attention.
- Avoid retinoids 24 hours before your treatment. Avoid sun exposure (sun burn) to the treated area for 24 hours before your treatment.
- Arrive at our salon with a clean face (no makeup) if possible.
- Do not schedule this procedure if you have used Accutane/Isotretinoin within the last 6 months.
What to Expect and Post Treatment Instructions:
- During the first 1-24 hours you may look red (like a sunburn) and your skin may feel warm and tight. A few areas may stay red a little longer.
- Use a (very gentle cleanser) with tepid water the first 48 hours. Gently dry.
- Use only gentle skin care products and an SPF 30+ sunscreen for the first 3 days.
- After that you can resume normal skin care.
- Avoid heavy sun exposure for 24 hours
- Until redness is gone use a fragrance free sun-screen.
- If make-up required use fragrance free breathable make-up.
- Avoid heat, wash face using tepid water only
Visible skin renewal will be noticed within 2 weeks and skin will continue to improve for up to a year.